My Day PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 17 February 2005 00:00

I have learned that Rick and I have different internal clocks and that I will stop trying to synchronize us. He needs at least 8-9 hours sleep at night; his brain requires it and his body demands it. I, on the other hand, need only 7 hours of sleep and when I try to sleep more, I have a very, restless night. There are nights when I feel tired at 10:00 PM but if I go to sleep then, I wake up two or three times over the course of the night. Lately, I have been staying up to midnight or later and my menopausal symptoms of night sweats and hot flashes seem less severe so consequently I sleep more soundly. I guess it's my body's way of demanding fewer hours of sleep for me and I am finally listening to it.

When Jamie moved to Sioux Lookout a year ago, he didn't get his computer hooked up to the internet; dial-up was the only option and it was expensive and too slow. Now that he is in Thunder Bay, he is finally back online again and I couldn't be happier. Though he wasn't able to visit with us here, at least now we can communicate via the Internet and he can get onto this website to see pictures of his nephew. I spent the morning communicating with him via MSN Messenger helping him with some downloads and my morning was gone before I knew it.

Later, after using both the Nordic Track and the pool, I had the pleasure of spending my afternoon with Karley and Makai. Ian had to go to Colorado on business overnight and Rick was helping one of our park neighbours so we had the afternoon to ourselves. Makai was very happy and alert when they arrived so it was a great opportunity for me to enjoy him. While Karley relaxed in the motorhome, I went for a walk around the park with him strapped onto me in his carrying harness while he cooed contentedly. Later, the three of us went over to the nearby Lougheed Town Centre to do some banking and browsing while Makai either slept or gawked around from the security of his harness/perch attached to his mom. We had a glorious afternoon of mother/daughter/grandson time and the day went by way too fast.