Another Beautiful Day PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 22 February 2005 00:00

Rick and I try to get to the dentist at least once a year for a thorough check-up. Because it is our intention to move here eventually and because we are planning to reside in Yaletown, that seemed to be the most logical place to find one. We have been going to Dr. Omar Kassam at Yaletown Laser Centre just a few steps from where our condo is being built. What seems like a million years ago, I was a dental assistant and am reasonably knowledgeable about dentistry, yet I am extremely afraid of going to the dentist. The fact that Omar advertises "pain free" dental care was enough for me to give him a try and we are very happy with our choice. Not only has the care been pain free, the service and compassion has been tremendous.

Today, I completed my work, (Rick was done ages ago) and when I was all finished, Sarah, Omar's office manager, took several photographs of Rick and I together. We had previously committed to babysitting Makai while Karley did a haircut, so when we went to Omar's office we took him with us. He charmed the staff while Grandpa held him in his arms and I had a cleaning and during our "photo shoot", we were able to include our baby grandson in some of the shots.

After our morning appointments, Karley joined us for lunch and a walk around Yaletown. During our walk Karley and I talked about our upcoming departure and we both agreed it is going to be very difficult for us. After years of often having an up and down relationship, we are now as close as a mother and daughter can be and at a wonderful time in both our lives so being apart will be tough. Makai changes daily and not seeing him as he crosses each new threshold will be excruciating but we are hoping that Karley and Ian will keep us updated with pictures....and my consolation is that we will be back in the fall!