Whew! PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 23 February 2005 00:00

Not including any of the intro pages, I have written 481 short stories or journal entries and uploaded well over 700 photographs. From my "soapbox", my topics are varied; covering anything from restaurant reviews to tourist destinations, weather reports to motorhome issues and personal reflections to human experiences. My photography (as amateur as it is) subjects range from people to animals and botanical shots to technical pictures. All of it is evidence that there are few boundaries and that there is potential in everything I encounter while on this journey. Maintaining this journal is the single most consistent thing I have ever done and I still love doing it, so it is something that for now has no end in sight.

When I look back at my entries it is easy for me to tell which ones were inspired, which ones were mechanical and which ones were written in desperation. Sometimes I have something I really want to share and other times my entry is merely a record of what I did that day for my own information. Occasionally I feel a deep compulsion to share my observation or opinion about some thing or some experience that I have encountered. I have kept very little to myself and often you have read my innermost feelings. Through this time I have learned many things; some of it has altered how I have written, some of it has affected my life, but all of it has helped me.

Occasionally, someone will write to me with encouraging words or simply to share their perspective on what I have written. All emails are appreciated regardless of the reason for sending them and I always try to respond to them. For the past two months, my writings have been occupied with whimsical, often mundane notations about our bundle of joy; Makai and I appreciate your patience with me. This grand parenting thing is new to me and I am still adjusting. As you know, we are winding down our time here in Vancouver so in a short time the centre of my attention will be changing but until then, here is one more picture of our little elf! Smile