Old? PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 27 February 2005 16:00
Bill and Laura flew back to Toronto today, their plane scheduled to leave at noon, so we left the motorhome at 10:00 AM. After almost three weeks of sunshine, the rain has returned however it is still quite warm with an expected high of 11C. For Bill and Laura, the timing was perfect but for Helen who is here until Friday, she would have been happy if it could have held off for a few more days.

Helen is moving in with us for the duration of her stay so on the way back from the airport we stopped at the house to pick her up. We offered to bring Makai back with us to the motorhome so Karley could have some time for herself and the three "old folks" could enjoy him without his mom for a while. We spent a quiet afternoon together, taking in a movie while watching Makai who gave us many smiles before falling asleep. He remained content with the five ounces of milk we had and some water but right on cue, he started to fuss at 6:45 PM, fifteen minutes before his mom and dad came by for dinner.

Though it has been great having Laura and Bill here because it forced us to take in some sights and do some touristy things, it has also worn us out after being somewhat idle for the past six months. I suppose it has been good practice for us though, preparing us for the next few months when we are back on the road again. Our relaxing afternoon with our grandson was just what we needed to recuperate from the weekend with our children. Oh my gawd... I'm really starting to sound old!