Counting the Days PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 14 December 2004 00:00

Christmas is around the corner and we are still awaiting the arrival of Karley and Ian's baby. Today, I had the pleasure of accompanying her to her doctor's appointment and I heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time. All is well and other than being very uncomfortable, she feels and looks great and there is no indication that the baby will arrive while Jay is still here. (I was hoping!) She has been experiencing some contractions but none of any significance and the baby has still not dropped into place.

The nursery is ready though there is still some painting to be completed. Karley has a talented friend who paints stage sets and he has offered to airbrush some clouds, a moon and stars on the walls, however he can't get at it until after Christmas. While she and I were at the doctor's office, Rick brought in and assembled our final Christmas gift to the expecting parents, a rocking chair. As much as we wanted to wait until Christmas Day to present it, they were actively seeking one and we didn't want them to get it themselves.(I will put a picture of it on here later.) When we got back from her appointment, she walked in to find it sitting by the tree with a big red ribbon on it and she was thrilled.

Tomorrow is Jay's last full day here so tonight we decided to play a game of The 90's Trivial Pursuit. Rick and I were a team, Karley and Jay were a team and Ian played solo. After two hours of play, Ian was crowned the King, followed closely by the siblings while the old folks licked their wounds. I guess we just aren't up on what went on in the world during that time, however in our defence we would have been more successful had we gotten some of their questions instead of the ones we got. It was still a funny evening and it was great to play a game instead of watching something useless on TV. Smile