Soon... PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 22 December 2004 00:00

Karley went for her weekly check-up yesterday morning and learned that the baby has started to drop into the birth canal. It doesn't help her irritability brought on from a serious lack of sleep but it does mean that soon her discomfort will be over. (Then she'll have a whole new understanding of "lack of sleep".) Fortunately, this morning she managed to sleep quite late, perhaps her body's way of helping her get the rest she'll need with the pending delivery. Rather than abuse our welcome, we are trying to limit our time with her until we are really needed and so today we went to dentist appointments in Yaletown.

While I waited for Rick, I wandered around to explore the area and do some window-shopping. I came across a  fabulous cookbook store (since gone) with a kitchen for guest author/chefs to demonstrate their talents and autograph their books. There were cookbooks here for every eating lifestyle and for anyone from the novice chef to the expert. I am one who could spend several enjoyable hours reading a cookbook so this store was pure heaven for me and I even bought a book on gourmet raw food preparation.

This evening we joined Karley and Ian for some light comedy at a local movie theatre to see Meet The Fockers, a sequel to Meet The Parents starring Robert DeNiro, Ben Stiller and Dustin Hoffman. It was great entertainment and just the diversion we all needed to keep our minds of the baby. When Karley was here tonight, I could see that the baby really has dropped and I know that soon I will be able to tell you that we are grandparents at last.