Hibernation PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 22 April 2005 16:00
With what seems like a return to winter, my internal mechanisms seem to want to hibernate and even though we went to bed before midnight, I was exhausted this morning. In fact, for the first time in a very long time, I slept in, I mean really slept in... until almost 11:00 AM. Rick and I both woke up at 8:00 but for some reason I couldn't keep my eyes open and even though Rick got up I stayed in bed and slept for three more hours. Perhaps it was because there was snow mixed with the rain that was falling down or perhaps it was because the bed was so comfortable but whatever the reason, I was in no rush to get up.

At 11:00, when I did finally surface, the skies were cloudy and the temperature had risen to all of 3C, not exactly beckoning either of us outside. We had planned to explore more of the area but the cold temperatures were not inviting us anywhere. Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind cold weather, when I am prepared for it, but we put our winter clothes in storage and on Friday we were basking in 29C weather! We did go out for a drive and enjoyed some of the scenery of the surrounding countryside (we are in serious horse country) but we quickly returned to the warmth of the motorhome and spent the rest of the afternoon watching some episodes of the second season of "24" with Keifer Sutherland.

Considering that I took no pictures today, this one of Makai will have to do!