Goodbye Wakarusa PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 28 April 2005 16:00
There were still two remaining repairs to be done on our motorhome and this morning, the service department at Travel Supreme were confident that they could complete them before days end. Again we were up early and the motorhome was in the shop for the finishing touches by 7:30 AM. The remaining Travel Supreme owners waiting to have their repairs completed were down to five couples and we were all anxious to be finished and on our way. The few couples whose motorhomes were completed yesterday who'd stayed overnight said their goodbyes and were on the road early. We were meeting our friends, Sandy and Dennis for a farewell breakfast at a nearby coffee shop and we hoped that maybe by the time we were finished eating, our RV would be ready.

It was not to be, however when we got back to the yard, we learned that the Travel Supreme technicians had decided that our TV satellite system was irreparable and they would be replacing it with a new one. We have a KVH in-motion satellite system on board and it has never worked "in-motion" but we just assumed that the whole "in-motion" concept was a gross exaggeration. As luck would have it, the entire system failed while we were parked at the shop earlier in the week so we had the service staff check it out. The other problem we had was that our awning was badly wrinkled, something that had progressively gotten worse over the past two years. It too was an issue that Travel Supreme resolved by replacing it with a new one and the new one didn't arrive until today.

So, as I write this, we are driving east toward the Detroit-Windsor border and the television has been on since we left the Travel Supreme yard at 5:30 PM. Even though we aren't listening to it, I have been checking it continuously as we drive and it REALLY is an IN-MOTION satellite dish!! I could see Oprah, Dr. Phil, Frasier and (what appeared to be) a movie; all playing on the television with very little interference and I am impressed. All of the problems, most minor but a few major ones have been completely repaired to our satisfaction and as usual, the folks at Travel Supreme have bent over backwards to accommodate us.