Settling In PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 03 May 2005 16:00
Finally the sun has come out and the temperatures are starting to climb so today while Rick cleaned the car, I decided to get busy cleaning the interior of the motorhome. Since we made the motorhome our house, I have to admit that cleaning it has not been a big priority for me, which comes as a surprise to my children. When we had a brick house, I was a little obsessive about keeping it clean, making their growing-up years a challenge. Here we are in a home about 1/18th the size of our previous one and I have finally relaxed and learned that life is too short to be fanatical about keeping it in perfect condition all the time. Don't get me wrong, I still like things to be clean and tidy, I just don't get myself all worked up anymore when they're not.

This evening, Rick and I went to Stroud to visit his mom, Bea Hollingshead. For Rick, it has been almost a year since he saw her last and for me, over 16 months. She looks fabulous, not changing a bit in over a year and we had a great visit with her, promising to return again soon. From there we visited briefly with our friends, Dana and Richard and their son Noah who is now walking and talking, major changes from when we saw him last. Dana, who is expecting Noah's brother or sister in July (an event we hope to be around for) feels good and looks wonderful.

After a quick meal at The Yummy House, a favourite restaurant of ours, we headed back to the motorhome. It was great reconnecting with Bea and the St. Germaine family and we are starting to feel like we have only been gone for a short while.