At Last! PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 16 May 2005 16:00
Finally, the day has come that Karley and Makai are arriving here from Vancouver to spend the next three weeks with us. Are we excited? You can bet on it. We last saw them in early March and the day we left, I cried all day so yes indeed, excited barely describes how we feel.

Their flight was arriving at 4:25 PM so I left Orillia early in order to stop at Costco and buy some diapers before I picked Rick up in Barrie where he is helping Gayle and Graham at the new house. We were on the highway heading south towards Toronto by 3:10 giving us ample time to get there. We arrived at the airport just after 4:00 and went to the arrivals level so we could go inside to the baggage area, as we knew Karley would have a lot to handle alone. Before long, we saw Mommy Karley with her wee baby coming off the elevator and they were as beautiful as ever. Makai and his mom greeted us with huge smiles and we learned that he had been a perfect angel for the whole flight. He has grown so much and even though it has been a while, it seems he remembered us because he was so receptive to his crazy-for-him grandparents.

After we loaded the car (and that was quite a production to fit everything in) we drove out to Markham so that Makai could meet his Uncle Jay while Granni planted some flowers that we bought the other day. Then, brother and sister, Granni and Grandpa and baby Makai went to a nearby restaurant for dinner and for the entire time, our little man smiled or slept despite his long, commotion-filled day. Afterwards Jay returned home while we drove back to Orillia arriving home near 11:00 and we all settled in fairly quickly, exhausted and ready for a good sleep.

In my excitement, I forgot to get pictures of Karley or Jay!