A Happy Boy PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 21 May 2005 16:00
Last night after dinner, Rick decided to light a fire while Karley gathered up some sticks that were suitable for roasting marshmallows. It has been a long time since we sat around a campfire roasting marshmallows and as we did, there were many old memories being brought to the surface. Gayle, Graham, Rick, Karley and I compared our roasting techniques and enjoyed our totally non-organic, overly sweet treats.

Today, Karley went to Barrie to workout and left me to baby-sit Makai, who is always a delight. I enjoyed every moment especially the time when I fed him some organic rice pablum cereal. He has only recently been introduced to solid food and his enthusiasm for it is hilarious. When he wasn't sleeping, we were either laughing or cuddling and it was one of the best times I have had with a baby in a very long time.

Later in the afternoon, Karley and I went over to the nearby Cookstown Outlet Mall to do some shopping while Grandpa looked after Makai. It was nice for us to have a little mother-daughter time together shopping without the concern of a baby. We had planned to go to a wedding reception in Toronto tonight for Kate, Karley's university roommate, but because of Makai's schedule we had to cancel. He has just nicely settled into a routine here and the reception would have disrupted him again. As good-natured as he is, we just don't want to push our luck with him and we want to keep him as the happy little guy he is.