Making Do PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 23 May 2005 16:00
Everytime we have a visitor I have to apologize for the apocalyptic appearance of the interior of the motorhome. Try as we might, keeping things orderly is not an easy task when there is only two adults here and even more challenging with a third and a baby in the house. I have always stated that the larger the house is, the easier it is to keep clean and having all of us together in this small space is proof that I am correct.

Later this summer we are redesigning our dining area by having some additional cupboards built in, a new table and an end table added to give us more storage space. While Karley and Makai are here, Rick has removed the granite table and made room in that area for Makai's crib and their suitcases. That change has helped to give us a little more space and it certainly tidies things up a little.

Considering our confined quarters, the sleeping arrangement we are working with is doing fairly well. During the day, Makai sleeps on our bed in a darkened room and Sam the cat, though a little displaced, very often sleeps on a pillow beside him. When it's bedtime at night, we put him down on our bed and move him into the crib (play-yard) once the rest of us are ready to retire. Eventually we will replace our davenport couch with a foldout sofa bed, which will make having overnight guests an easier proposition. But for now we make do with an air mattress that inflates in 1 minute which Karley sleeps on nearby so she can feed him when he wakes up, usually only once through the night. The inconvenience is a small price to pay for us to spend some time with each other and though at times our space seems smaller than ever, it is worth every minute of it.