A New Face PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 01 June 2005 16:00
In the almost three weeks that Karley and Makai have been here, Makai has undergone some significant changes. He has grown noticeably in length and not-so-noticeably in weight and he has learned some interesting new sounds and facial expressions. In the past two days he has learned to scrunch up his nose and it is hilarious!

I find it so cool that at this age you can almost watch babies grow inch by inch, moment by moment and really appreciate their changes. (By "this age" I mean both his and mine!) He finds fascination in just about everything and it is evident that he loves being outside because he is so happy when he is there. The past few days have been very warm so we have spent as much time outside (but out of the sun) as possible. So now not only does the inside of the motorhome prove that there is an infant living here but the outside does too!

Today we went to Barrie to complete the photo shoot we set up last week at Zehr's (it had been cut short because the camera malfunctioned) and this time there were no problems. We managed to get a couple of shots of his scrunched up nose as well as several other good ones with and without Karley. In just a few days, they will be heading back to Ian in Vancouver and you can be sure he is very excited to see them both again. I will probably cry for a day but at the same time, it will be nice to get our small home back in order once again.