Something to Look Forward To? PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 08 June 2005 16:00
This morning I decided to go for a bicycle ride into Orillia along the Lightfoot Trail, part of the Trans Canada Trail System. From where we are parked to the end of the paved trail and back is a little over 20 Km. and I know I needed the exercise. Part way along my journey, I encountered a rollerblader who kept up with me and we began chatting, mostly small talk. Well into our convergence, we discovered that we knew each other from over twenty years ago when we lived across the canal from each other on Couchiching Point! It certainly made the time pass by quickly and before I knew it we were back where we started.

This afternoon I went for a much needed chiropractic adjustment and some acupuncture to try and relieve my shoulder of the persistent and ever increasing pain from tendonitis. As I was leaving the motorhome, I drove through some sporadic rain and observed an ominously black sky towards the south. Rick was in Barrie and I spoke with him shortly after to find that the city had been subjected to a torrential downpour and high winds causing power outages and flooding. That is the type of weather we expect in July and August but it is awfully early for Simcoe County to be getting it now. Is this an indicator of what we can look forward to this summer?

After I finished at the chiropractor, because it was in Barrie, I called to confirm that my appointment for a massage was still on. I was assured that where they were, all was fine so I ventured into the city and witnessed some of the excessive water flowing off of some of the flat-roofed buildings. My massage was done without music due to the fact that they now also had no power but my therapist still managed to find the areas that needed her touch. I left Barrie thankful to have escaped Mother Nature's wrath and with my muscles feeling a lot better.