Should We or Shouldn't We? PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 11 June 2005 16:00
Even though we implemented a rule when we moved into this motorhome of "when we buy something new, something old has to go", we both have difficulty upholding it. My weaknesses are books, nail polish (which is nuts because I rarely do my nails), shoes (like hundreds of other women) and clothes. Rick seems to collect tools, gadgets, shoes (not nearly as bad as me) and jackets and together we both have a problem parting with something old. Consequently, we have an excess of "stuff" again; the basement storage area is busting out at the seams, we have "stuff" at Karley and Ian's house and I have books in almost every cupboard. The crazy thing is we DO part with some things; we regularly discard clothes and shoes, usually donating them to the needy and we have given away some other odds and ends. How has this happened?

Now we are back to contemplating whether we should get a trailer to tow the car in AND to carry the excess baggage in. It's not a decision we have come to without a great deal of procrastination and we are still not 100% sure that a trailer is the answer. The pros of a trailer are that the car would stay clean, it wouldn't sustain any more stone chips and we would have the weight distributed more evenly (the junk would be in the trailer instead of crammed in the basement). The cons would be that the trailer would need to be cleaned and it would sustain stone chips and some campgrounds may not be receptive of an extra piece of equipment to store.

Today we drove around Simcoe County following up on some used car trailers for sale but had no success in finding anything suitable. Therefore we are back where we started wondering what to do and debating about whether we should figure out what we can live without or buy something to put it in.