Whew! PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 13 June 2005 16:00
Today I shortened my morning bicycle ride because I had to take our car in early to have the windows tinted. When we are towing the car in some of the southern states, it is seriously exposed to the strong, damaging rays of the sun. By tinting the windows, we can help to preserve the interior and receive the added bonus of keeping it cooler inside. In BC, it is illegal to have the front windows tinted so we wanted to wait until we got back to Ontario to have the whole car done at once.

I chose to ride around the neighbourhood in Atherley where we are staying and on my early morning ride, I made several observations. I rode by the homesteads, some neat and tidy and some...not so much, some with perfect gardens of both flowers and vegetables and for a brief moment, I even pondered what it would be like to live there. As quickly as that thought entered my head, I thought about how thankful I am not to have the responsibility of house and yard maintenance anymore. Then I began to wonder if we will ever live in a neighbourhood again and when it would happen if we did. Much to my surprise, I realized that I am in no hurry to park our rig permanently because I like the freedom of not owning a house. This gypsy lifestyle we have chosen suits us both perfectly and the responsibility of gardening, mowing lawns and shovelling snow is one we enjoy not having.

The car was ready shortly after noon and when I picked it up I thought how great it is to have our old "Handi 1", Ontario license plates back on the car and know that our windows are completely legal.