New Fun PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 25 June 2005 16:00
This morning we decided to visit the Orillia Farmers Market, a trek we haven't made in over two years and one we enjoy. It was nice to buy fresh organic produce there and see some familiar faces like Ken and Rene McCutcheon of McCutcheon's Maple Syrup from the Horseshoe area.

From there, we drove to Barrie so that we could get some temporary licence plates for our new motorcycle and perhaps some gear to wear when we ride it. Even though the bike came with two helmets, they were too large for our heads so we headed over to Royal Distributing where we bought two new helmets, two pairs of leather chaps and one leather jacket for me. Despite the extremely hot weather lately, we know that the evenings can cool down considerably. When we rented the Harley in Texas last year, we experienced first hand how being warm enough can make a big difference between being happy and comfortable or miserable and anxious to get home. We then stopped by and bought a new "used" leather bike jacket for Rick from an advertiser in the Super Shopper and we are now both ready to go "biking".

This afternoon not only did Rosanne come over but Bill and Laura also surprised with a visit and we whiled away our afternoon trying to avoid direct sunlight while enjoying the great weather. This evening, after all our visitors left, Rick and I took the bike out on its maiden voyage and once the sun went down, I was thankful for my new jacket and can see the wisdom of having chaps. I think we just might find this new mode of transportation becoming a great pastime!