What Was I Thinking? PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 30 June 2005 16:00
Until I was 26 years old, I never drank coffee before and one night I had a dream that I went to a big house where the people there offered me the stuff and I loved it. Well, not too long after I had the dream, I did indeed find myself at a very large house near Oshawa, meeting the owners for the first time and they offered me a coffee, which I drank. I enjoyed it so much that the next day, I went out and bought a coffee grinder, a coffee maker and coffee beans and I have been drinking it ever since.

When I first started drinking it, I had no ill effects at all and drank it whenever and as often as I pleased. A couple of years later, I began having severe dizzy spells, one while driving in Toronto on the 401, and I had to pull over so Jim could take over for me. It took quite a while to figure out that the coffee was the culprit and after quitting it altogether for a while, I now drink mostly decaf and in limited quantities. In our travels, finding a good cup of java often becomes a source of recreation as it is a more popular beverage in Canada than in the US hence it can be quite a challenge to find south of the border.

Last night, on our drive to Sarnia, we stopped at one of the rest areas on the highway and I made the big mistake of ordering a caffeinated coffee. From my experience of the past, I usually avoid caffeine after 12 noon and evidently, I forgot my self-imposed rule. For some reason, I thought I could safely drink a small coffee with no effect and as a result, I was awake most of the night. Never again! I have asked Rick to do whatever it takes to prevent me from repeating that mistake ever again in the future. Methinks tonight I will sleep like a baby. Tongue out

Speaking of which.....here is another recent picture of "you-know-who"!