A Family Day PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 15 July 2005 16:00
This morning Makai was to have the first of his swimming lessons with his parents while Granni and Grandpa watched from the side. However due to some confusion regarding the time of the lessons, he missed his group lesson so Karley and Ian worked with him on their own. He took to the water like a duck and had a great time splashing and getting used to a large pool with the security of his mom and dad.

Afterwards we brought the swimmers back to the house and Rick and I headed over to Ikea to pick up a couple of items we wanted. From there we drove into Yaletown so I could take some pictures of the condo construction site and go to Choices Market. There were some items I had wanted to get to take back to Ontario with me and it is the only food store that carries them. As the day progressed the clouds made way for the forecasted sunshine and we enjoyed a warm afternoon. Ian and Rick went to a mountaineering store while Karley and I took Makai for a walk along the drive. We stopped at Grandview Park for a ride on the swing before walking back in time for Makai to have his afternoon nap.

Tonight we headed back downtown for an early dinner at Urban Thai and a stroll around Yaletown. Tomorrow Rick and I board the Norwegian Sun for a seven day cruise to Alaska so it was nice to have a bon voyage dinner with Karley, Ian and Makai tonight before we go.