Silver Lining PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 28 July 2005 16:00
We spent another frustrating day trying to get the Internet running with still no results. It is not a perfect system and complicated when this happens but when it does run, it runs well and as mobile, frequent users the other possibilities available also come with problems, so what do we do? We grind our teeth, pull our hair and struggle with it until we get it right and we don't allow it to ruin our weekend.

Last night, we decided to put the whole thing aside and go up to the local Home Depot for the Show and Shine where all the local classic car owners gather on Friday evenings in the summer. This whole car thing is relatively new to me, but it is something Rick enjoys a lot and he has taught me to appreciate old vehicles more than I thought I could. Rob and Rosanne recently purchased an old Mustang and they are restoring it, piece by piece and the Show and Shine is a place to go and mingle with other car buffs. Evidently it is a place where you can learn about sources for parts and how to resolve problems with a variety of issues involving restoration etc. The club here in Orillia, The Twin Lakes Cruisers host this weekly event and they play old music and hold raffles and 50/50 draws to entertain the participants and viewers alike.

Rick bought $5 worth of tickets for the 50/50 draw and we were pleasantly surprised when one of his tickets was drawn as the winner and he collected $177! As we were getting ready to leave we saw a Kawasaki Voyager parked with replacement exhaust pipes on it and Rick stopped to take a closer look. As he was checking them out, the owner, John, (who turned out to be an old friend of his) came over and they got talking about his bike. It seems his pipes were manufactured someplace in Barrie and John is going to try to find out where from the previous bike owner and let us know. So our day ended on a high note with a few extra dollars in bank and a possible source for new mufflers for our motorcycle.