The Merits of Having a Deadline PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 25 August 2005 16:00
It's amazing how we seem to get things accomplished in a more orderly fashion when we are under a deadline. We came back to Ontario in May for the summer. Our "loose" plan was to be tourists here and explore the province, seeing places we have never been to. That just didn't happen and here we are with just over a week to go before we leave here with the motorhome for probably another year before we return.

For their holidays, Christine, my sister, and Fred, her husband, will be travelling back to British Columbia with us as we cross Canada. With the recent renovations we have made in the motorhome we will all be very comfortable and we are really looking forward to it. However, because of this, we have committed to leave here on September 4th and we have made some campground reservations along the way to accommodate this departure date. This is a good thing because it forces us to do some specific planning and get things done in a timely fashion. At the same time, we are feeling the pressure and every minute of every day is spoken for so now there is no lollygagging allowed.

Today Rick picked up the motorcycle, which has been stored at Rosanne's and Rob's, in the new trailer so that he can get it set up for it's new job. Space is a rare commodity and even the trailer has to be precisely organized to accommodate all the items we have designated to be hauled in it. Our end table is out having the granite top fitted and we are waiting for the new motorcycle mufflers; both will be ready mid-week. We have lunch, dinner and visiting dates booked for almost everyday next week and what open days we have left are booking up fast. I am writing everything down so I don't double book or forget anything so hopefully nothing will be overlooked and for the first time since we left in December 2003, we are incredibly organized.

The other great thing about heading west is that we will soon be seeing this little guy again. Here is Makai after a recent feast of beets!