Back in BC PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 12 September 2005 16:00
We slept in a toasty warm motorhome last night, "snug as bugs in a rug" as the saying goes, despite the temperature overnight of 4C. Brrrr... Oh well, today we are leaving that behind us as we head west to the Okanagan Valley where we will camp for the night. The fact that I am late posting this is indicative of the fact that Tunnel Mountain Provincial Park is located in the trees, hence no Internet access last night.

Our drive was spectacular regardless of a few low lying clouds in places and a few drops of rain here and there. Once we got through the park, we gained another hour and we stopped in Revelstoke for lunch where the temperature was already 12C. Once we continued west, then south on Highway 97 into the Okanagan, we watched as the clouds became fewer and the temperature soared to 22C. At last, it's T-shirt weather again!

We are staying at the Woods Lake Resort Campground, a small lakeside park we found in our Woodall's North American Campground directory. We passed several other parks as we neared Kelowna but we wanted a pull through site, one with a clearing so that I could get on the Internet to post this and yesterday's entries. I had called ahead and the manager assured me that she would have something that would work for us. Well she tried and we are currently parked across 3 campsites overlooking the lake, a spectacular view but sans Internet or satellite TV. However, our hostess has invited me to hook into her wireless system at the office so that I can accomplish my daily task. Trust me when I say that our site, the view, the price and the hospitality make it just fine that we are doing without our hi-tech gadgets!