Ontario Bound PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 20 January 2006 16:00

My flight to Ontario was scheduled to leave at 11:15 AM, a perfect time, because we didn’t have to get up extra early and we could have breakfast together before heading to the airport. I had packed on Thursday, wrote out a check list yesterday and double checked everything before we set out just to be sure I didn’t forget anything. (and I was so sure I hadn’t!)

Once we arrived at the airport, we located the United Airlines booth which of course, had the longest line-up. While I was standing in line I realized I had forgotten the cell phone and as I would be driving around by myself once I got to Ontario, I knew I really wanted it. It was 10:00 o’clock so Rick sweetly headed back to the RV park to retrieve it and I proceeded to get checked in. The airport was the busiest we have seen it and the line up to go through security went halfway across the terminal. Fortunately it was moving quite fast so I waited outside enjoying the sunny weather until Rick’s return. At 10:45 he appeared with phone in hand and I made it to the boarding gate with 15 minutes to spare.

My flight was routed through Chicago and it arrived there at 5:15 PM giving me 45 minutes to get from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 to catch my connecting 6:00 o’clock flight to Toronto. I had time to stop at a concession booth for a banana and a Chai Latte, my lunch/dinner, as there was no meal service on my first flight and I was starving. Our flight from Chicago was delayed at departure and so we were late arriving in Toronto. There is snow on the ground, the overnight temperature is expected to be -12C but the good news is that on Saturday evening there was little traffic and I arrived safely at my sister’s house at 11:00PM. Hello Ontaro!