Learning PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 03 March 2006 16:00

This morning we slept in (6:33) and because it is Saturday, there is no 6:30 AM water aerobics class in the lower pool so we decided to swim there for a change. It has been well over six weeks since we swam there last and for the first time ever, we noticed how much smaller it is than the upper pool. Though both pools have their own special features, I decided today that I like the upper pool the best for no less than three reasons.

In all this time of (almost) daily swims, I have just started having my morning shower at the clubhouse after my swim because it certainly speeds up my day and I return to the motorhome ready to get dressed and have breakfast. Besides, I absolutely luuuuv the showers at the upper clubhouse; there is so much pressure, it’s like showering under a fire hose. I learned this morning that though the pressure is as good in the lower showers, the shower heads are much smaller… and there you have reason # 1. There were other folks at the lower pool this morning even at 6:45 and as a result we shared the pool with them which forced me to do lengths; reason # 2. (Normally, I am a pool hog, swimming around the circumference of the pool instead of doing laps.) Finally, reason # 3; the view from the upper pool is sooo beautiful with the morning sun changing the colour of the entire sky and the mountains in the distant west as it rises in the east.

In our time here, it’s funny how my appreciation for the early morning has been changed by a swimming pool and I know without a doubt, that that will be the hardest thing to leave when we depart from here in May. I have also learned that if we sleep in, I miss out on the beautiful sunrise, the solitude of the dawn and having a whole big pool to share with nobody other than Rick. You can be sure that it is a lesson well learned.