Winding Things Down PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 30 March 2006 16:00

Using the internet to track other full timers has its rewards and on Wednesday night we got together with another couple who we “met” online. Bill and Diane Joyce have been following our travels via this webpage and Bill emailed me late last week to say hi and let us know they would be in the area this week. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, so no pics of them however they too have a webpage which can be found here . It was great to meet them and learn of their adventures and hopefully our paths will cross again in the future.

Here at Catalina Spa RV Park, there is a very full activity program with plenty to do for everyone, from card games to water aerobics and beading to wood carving classes. As the residents begin their treks northward, back to their summer destinations, the population is gradually diminishing and as a result our computer class is growing smaller. Lately, the WIFI here has been unstable due to some glitches in its conception but they are gradually being ironed out. This week, for several days, the resident WIFI “techies” have been working almost around the clock so that we could have WIFI access for today’s class and they succeeded with some limitations.

Some of our attendees were visiting from a neighbouring park but all of the “students” had varying degrees of computer knowledge, making it challenging to share with much success. Next year I will be conducting three different classes covering a multitude of subjects and hopefully they will address more specific material, ie: Blogging, using the internet, computer basics, keeping computers “healthy” etc. Though most of the other activities are ending, I’ll continue to facilitate this gathering until we leave. This afternoon, I managed to coax everyone to gather together for a group photograph before the class finished.