Two Fools PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 02 April 2006 16:00

Any of my regular readers know that I don’t believe that life ends here on earth. I believe that once we “die” our spirit lives on and that “dead” people can communicate with their loved ones in often the strangest ways. It is not unheard of that after a loved one “dies” suddenly their loved ones find pennies all over the place, or a light mysteriously keeps coming on or they walk into an empty room and are suddenly overcome with their loved one’s favourite perfume. These can be considered strange coincidences or (as I believe) they are ways for our loved ones to “talk” to us.

Jim was a man of great humour, always joking around and besides loving us, his family, he really cared a great deal for Rick. When Rick permanently separated from his wife, Jim really wanted to match him up with someone who would be a perfect for him and he often would ask me if I had any friends who would fit the bill.

After Jim died, having lived with, worked with and loved him for 20 years, I was left with a huge void in my life and I was extremely lonely. On April 1st, 1994, just over seven months after he died, I found myself in love with Rick, something I would never have expected. A year to the day later, we were married and on Saturday, we celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary. We both believe that Jim, our jokester friend set it up from the “other side”. He would know that it would be quite a surprise for both of us to feel “that” way about each other and what better date for two “fools” to fall in love and get married than on April Fools Day!