Workouts PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 28 April 2006 16:00

For the past couple of days Rick has really had a good workout between looking after me and trying to get us organized for our departure back to Canada. Though it has been delayed by my progress (or lack of), we will definitely be heading to BC soon to help Karley and Ian prepare for the arrival of Makai’s sibling due in early July. The picture shown here is of Makai giving his dad a “High 5” in the backyard of their new house in Mission where we are hoping to be soon. Yesterday, Rick went up to Yucca Valley to pick up the front forks for the motorcycle which he took up to the local Kawasaki dealer to have repaired. (The fork seals had to be replaced due to a leak.) It had been his intention to put them back on the bike this morning so he could put the bike away in the trailer enabling him to start getting it packed. However, when he went to install the forks, he discovered a rattle in one of them that he hadn’t heard before so off he went, back to the shop to find out what had happened.

While he was gone, I felt brave enough to handle having my shower unassisted and was quite proud of myself for accomplishing it, albeit I was exhausted afterwards and felt like I’d had a major workout of my own. I actually needed to just sit for half an hour afterwards to muster up the strength to continue getting ready for the day. I spent that time getting very emotional… crying for my mother, crying for my dad, Jim, me and whatever else I needed to cry about. Once that was out of my system, I was able to dress my wound and me and by the time Rick returned, I was back in good spirits, ready for the rest of the day. Rick came back, forks in hand with one still rattling but also a full refund and a big apology from the shop for a job they started but were unable to complete properly.

Today we had to drive back to the surgery clinic in Uplands to see the doctor to have my wound assessed and have some sutures removed. The good news is, I am healing well (despite what I think it looks like), I had several sutures removed which will make me more comfortable AND I get to sleep in OUR bed again at last! As I write this, we have only been back for an hour and a half, having been gone since 1:00 PM and I am enjoying some soothing soup for dinner. It is 8:30 PM, I am absolutely exhausted, we still have a broken piece inside the fork of the bike (which we’re not quite sure what to do about) but something tells me I will sleep like a baby tonight! We have definitely had a workout today!