One of “Those” Days PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 01 August 2006 16:00

We’ve all had them, the days that disappear before we actually do anything. I got up early, 6:15 AM, but made the mistake of checking my email and then became paralyzed for no reason at all, just “vegging” until Rick got up an hour and a half later. I got dressed for our walk and I went over to the house to check on Karley and the kids at 9:00 AM but then it took me another hour to get going. Karley had very little sleep; yesterday Monet slept all day and was awake half the night, so Karley was hoping to catch an hour of sleep while we took Makai for the walk and Monet napped.

Neither Rick nor I felt as ambitious as we have the past few days so we walked in a different direction to an area we hadn’t been to before. Makai, always content no matter where we go, scored in the entertainment department because we came across one farm with two friendly rambunctious pigs who ran over to check us out and then another with two curious ponies. When we returned to the house, it was nearing noon and we found Karley, practically cross-eyed from exhaustion, holding a baby who was having no part of sleeping.

Laura (of Rich and Laura fame) called to say their Moho will be ready by Friday and that they were heading to McMinnville, near Portland for the weekend. After I took over minding Monet so Karley could shower and wake herself up, I hunted online for a place to stay for the weekend. McMinnville is in the heart of wine country and finding a room was next to impossible but finally I found a room in Salem, about 30 minutes south, which will be fine. By then it was almost 3:00 PM, I still hadn’t showered and dressed yet and Karley had two clients coming for hair styling. Arghhh!!

I finally did get dressed; looked after Monet (who was full-on work today), thank goodness Rick kept Makai entertained and it is now 9:00 PM. Though I feel like I did very little, I did get to spend some valuable time with “Barnacle Betty”. This evening I have her again for a while so her mom can get some much needed sleep and with luck tomorrow will be a more productive day for this lady.