Resting PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 09 August 2006 16:00

Yesterday, while we were in Vancouver, I photographed the Canadian Air Force Snowbirds as they crossed over the sky above us in formation. They are actually performing at an air show in Abbottsford starting tomorrow for three days and yesterday’s maneuver was a practice run. How lucky were we to be in the right place at the right time!

Last night, Rich and Laura stayed here overnight, something we had preplanned knowing we would be returning to Mission late at night. It would also give us an opportunity to introduce them to the DeDutch Restaurant, a BC concept we quite enjoy.

When I went in the house to see how Karley was doing, I learned that she had had a sleep deprived night. Makai had missed his nap altogether on Tuesday and yesterday had a very short one, hence this morning he too was very tired and he was not his normal happy self. It was evident that Karley needed to get out more than I did, so I volunteered to stay home with the kids so she could join Rick, Rich and Laura for brunch in Abbottsford. So I said my goodbyes at the house and look forward to getting together with the Ouellettes again at a later date south of the border.

It was a gloomy day in the weather department, either overcast or drizzling, so it was perfect for taking it easy. With our friends gone, this afternoon was a quiet one. We hung out at the house with the kids; Makai woke up from his long nap much happier and when Monet wasn’t eating or sleeping, she too was pretty content. We had a great time with our younger friends, we’ll miss their company, but after five days of laughter and fun, we need the rest!