New Words PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 18 August 2006 16:00

Yesterday Kelly called from Performance Optical to let us know our goggles were ready so this morning Rick and I ventured into Vancouver to pick them up. It was another fine morning but because right now our motorcycle(s) are disassembled, we had to take the car. This morning the PNE (Pacific National Exhibition) opened and there was heavier than usual traffic so our drive in was slower than we anticipated but we were back before 2:00 PM.

When we got back, Ian took Morag out for a spin in the Spyder while Makai was napping. At the same time Karley started getting ready for a wedding they were attending later in the day which meant that we (Rick, Morag and I) were officially babysitting for the afternoon and evening while they were out. In order to prevent a “meltdown” Rick took Makai out in the backyard to look for berries and apples while his folks made their big getaway. Having a big green apple in hand when he returned was enough of a coup that Makai didn’t seem to miss Mom & Dad at all especially when he had Aunty Morag to play with as well.

Monet too has been pretty content with her Granni and Aunty to cuddle her, feed her or change her diaper when she was awake. There were even more smiles forthcoming today so evidently we were doing something right. Today my name changed to “Gaaiieen” (with a silent ‘n’), another step in the right direction and Makai also learned to say sushi, tofu and the correct word for a part of his anatomy… penis!!! Apparently it came up in conversation while he was having a bath this morning!!

This is the final picture, #4 of four, (obviously of me) taken at an undetermined date but if I had to guess, I would say these photos were taken about 15 years ago.