A Day of Treats PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 22 August 2006 16:00

Last week Karley and Ian presented Rick and I with gift certificates; a demonstration of their gratitude to us for being here to help with the arrival of Monet and for helping to get some projects completed around the house. Of course, in our opinion the gifts they have given us, by way of our grandchildren, is far greater than anything we have done but they don’t see it that way.

Rick’s gift certificate was for 10 minutes of practice at the Formula 440 Kart Track and then the opportunity to drive a souped-up version of a Go Kart for close to an hour. Of course with his love of racing, speed and vehicles, it was the perfect gift and he was in his glory as he sped around the course as fast as he could. Unfortunately for this website, I have no photographs of this event because I was preoccupied. While Rick drove his brains out, I was thoroughly enjoying a hot-oil scalp treatment, a steam bath and an hour-long body massage at the Atlantis Day Spa in Tsawwassen; my gift certificate. The pampering I received was fit for royalty and I too was in my glory.

We left Mission at 10:30 AM on our new motorcycle and after our early afternoon of “treats”, we boarded the ferry to Vancouver Island where we are visiting with our friends, the Todd’s, for two days. On board the ferry we met a really nice couple from Kingston, Ontario who rode here, across Canada on their motorcycle. It was a wonderful day for us; riding our bike to the island, being pampered and treated to relaxing and racing, making new friends and spending quality time with some old ones. What more could we ask for?

This is a picture taken from aboard the ferry on our way to Vancouver Island.