Getting Things Done PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 29 August 2006 16:00

After almost 39 hours of driving we arrived in Barrie, Ontario at 10:00 PM Eastern Time, pretty good time for a 4100+ kilometer drive. (2550 miles) The one thing we really noticed on this journey was how much the construction had progressed since we crossed Canada last fall. It is so easy to be critical of the construction while we endure the inconvenience of it, however it is nice to drive on the widened roads that bypass city cores and we certainly appreciate it more now. Last night it was wonderful to sleep undisturbed and with no thoughts of getting up early to get back on the road again. We both slept soundly for over eight hours and woke up this morning feeling well rested, a nice change from the last two days.

Today we got together with Tom Wychel and Terry Windrem, of The Protectors Group in Peterborough, good friends and our financial advisory team. It is with their help that we can travel like we do and not go broke in the process and this meeting was one of the reasons we came to Ontario. It looks like we are still on track to continue our venture and we may not have to become Wal-Mart greeters after all!

This evening we will visit with Rick’s mom and then spend the rest of the evening packing dishes, more reasons for coming back to Ontario. I have a set of antique dishes that belonged to my great-grandparents which Gayle and Graham have been kind enough to store for me. Now that our belongings are all in Mission, it is about time that the dishes joined them and they are too fragile to be shipped separately. We will wrap them well and they will accompany us to BC when we head back on Friday.