Bon Voyage Bill and Laura PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 09 September 2006 16:00

Yikes! I hate using alarm clocks…it messes up my whole being. This morning Bill and Laura flew back to Ontario on a 7:00 AM flight from Abbotsford. For them the flight was perfect; they got into Toronto at 2:30 PM Eastern Time in enough time to run errands, grocery shop and get ready for work tomorrow. For us it meant getting up at 4:45 AM, in the dark and leaving us tired all day. It’s hard to believe that just a week ago we drove from Ontario to here with little sleep and it affected us less. Oh well, it was more than worth it.

We had a great time with them; it was good to spend time traveling together, sharing many laughs together and making memories. With Bill and Laura here we did some of the sightseeing we wanted to do all summer and never got around to. Makai learned how much fun his Uncle Bill and Auntie Laura could be and they in turn learned how much fun little children can be, good practice for their future.

Needless to say, the rest of our day has been uneventful; after hunting all over Abbotsford and Mission for an open independent coffee shop without success this morning, we returned home. (See our coffee blog.) We tried to sleep, Rick with success, me without, and then a couple of hours later we went back out in quest of coffee. The weather was great, perfect for a bike ride and as it turned out the coffee wasn’t bad either. When we got back Rick helped Ian with his Alpha Romeo and I helped Karley with her computer while the kids napped. Did I already mention that alarms mess me up? After sleeping this afternoon for at least an hour, I feel a little better and hopefully I will be my old self in the morning. Thanks Bill and Laura for traveling and visiting with us though the next time we cross the country with you, we’ll use the Moho.