Holy Clean!!!! PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 14 September 2006 16:00

Rick and I were up early this morning to clean the motorhome, something that hadn’t been done for a couple of months. Initially we thought it would just take us a couple of hours but once we started, there seemed to be no end to the work. After almost the entire day, every surface has been washed, polished or vacuumed thoroughly. Our home is like new again and smells and looks like it’s old self at last.

In the process of cleaning we sorted through cupboards, nooks and crannies and put more stuff away in the storage room in Karley and Ian’s basement. I am amazed at the things we have been dragging around in here that we never use! I see a giant yard sale or some major eBaying in our future! The car is loaded, the Moho basement packed, the outside window shades put away; basically we are ready to hook-up and go.

Tonight Jay came out from Vancouver to join us for our farewell dinner at a restaurant in Abbotsford. Karley had made arrangements to have Monet babysat while Makai joined the adults for dinner. No one broached the “leaving” subject for fear of starting a stream of tears that will be flowing freely soon enough. It was at this same stage in Makai’s early life that we left Vancouver in 2004 and now Monet has reached that same age and here we are leaving again!

Yesterday while Rick played "horsy" with both Makai and Monet, I managed to get some pictures of their fun.