Home?... At Last PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 25 May 2006 16:00

We had the intention of being on the road by 6:00 this morning but somehow it became closer to 7:00 before we actually departed. The weather conditions were less than ideal…more rain with a forecast of much the same for our entire trip. It’s hard to believe today we will be back in Canada again, with access to everything; phones, banks, etc. and no exchange rate to consider.

I don’t know if it was my lack of sleep (see today’s entry on our Blog) or the rainy weather but I found myself strangely sad for a while. A VW Jetta went whizzing by at one time which triggered a flood of memories of my Dad (he drove a Jetta) and how much I miss him, his smile and his affection. While I engaged in a silent tearful cry I thought how funny it is that something as simple as a car can do that to a person. I am afraid forever more this time of year will always be a tough one for me with Jim's birthday yesterday, my Dad's death on the 18th and my Mom's in April.

It rained until Seattle and then it started again once we reached Bellingham, just south of the border. Crossing into Canada was fast and easy, no hassles with customs at all, and we arrived at Karley and Ian's just shortly before 4:00 o'clock. Much to our glee, Makai wasn't shy with us at all (he must have remembered us from Christmas) and we had a wonderful visit. Our moho is tucked in beside the MacLachlan garage but it is a little tight. Ian and Rick will be working on our "site" over the weekend and it will be just fine once they are done. The satellite internet is blocked by a tree but fortunately, I have access to Karley's wifi broadband so posting, surfing etc. will be no problem and we can once again use our cellphones. It is good to be back!