I Love Modern Technology PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 03 June 2006 16:00

Tomorrow Rick is flying back to Ontario for a short visit and to take care of some business. His flight leaves at 8:30 AM and rather than having to get up before dawn to drive him to the airport, I booked a room at a hotel close by. Initially I was going to stay overnight with him and drive back to Mission in the morning however, I wasn’t looking forward to the morning traffic I would be encountering.

Because of the Fraser River, the highways and roads around Vancouver go in several directions and can be very confusing, especially to someone (such as me) who is directionally challenged. On our way to the hotel we used our GPS system to get us there the fastest way and to our surprise we found ourselves driving onto the free Albion Ferry to cross the river. Because I didn’t think to ask for a ferry schedule (I didn’t know how late it would run), yours truly decided to take a different route home and the GPS saved me from being terminally lost. For the life of me, I have no idea what I did before the invention of such a device and I am eternally grateful to the genius who created the technology.

Today it rained here for most of the day so this morning Rick and Ian worked on some plumbing and electrical work in the house and Karley cut hair while I entertained Makai. We had a quiet afternoon and later we enjoyed dinner together before Rick and I drove into Vancouver. Here is a picture of Makai with Rick this afternoon and it’s looking like Grandpa might miss his little grandson a lot while he’s away.