Happy, Happy… PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 10 June 2006 16:00

This morning once Makai was up and dressed we went out to the motorhome to check on Rick and we found him still feeling pretty sick. He found the strength to get up and showered but his movements were slow and deliberate however he did manage to join us in the house. While he entertained Makai, I was able to shower, dress and tidy up the house for Karley and Ian’s arrival. Makai was pretty happy to play for a time with Grandpa after spending so much time with me over the past couple of days.

Karley and Ian arrived home shortly after noon while their little boy was having his morning nap. Earlier, when he first woke up, along with a big smile, Makai greeted me with the word “Buppa” instead of “Momma” like yesterday. To me it indicated that he was comfortable with his Granni babysitting him and that he wasn’t missing his mommy quite as much. I also knew he would be one very happy boy once he saw his “Momma” and “Da” again. They returned home rested but excited to be able to see their little guy again and while Ian mowed the lawn, Karley told me all about Harrison Hot Springs. Both parents were anxious for Makai to wake up because as much as they needed the R & R they enjoyed while away, they really missed him a lot. It was pretty apparent by his big smile when at last he saw them that he missed them as much as they did him and the little family had a very cuddly reunion.

This afternoon Rick slept in between doses of Gravol and aspirin (he hasn’t been able to eat anything and keep it down since Thursday) so I hung out in the motorhome where I could hear him if he needed me. For a while I lay on the couch and watched some television and Sam the cat laid on me, purring contentedly for the entire time. It seems that the members of the MacLachlan family are not the only ones happy today! (Oh…and if Rickey is no better by morning, yours truly is dragging him to a clinic to see what is going on with his tummy !)