A Vancouver Adventure PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 14 June 2006 16:00

Rick had a dentist appointment this afternoon in Yaletown so we decided to take some time to explore some RV parks along our way into Vancouver. Our RVing friends, Laura and Rich Ouellette, are planning to come to BC for a visit this summer and we wanted to find a park that would suit them. Of the three that we looked at, only one was worth considering but we have only just begun our search so hopefully we’ll find others.

We also stopped at Costco in Abbotsford to price a flat screen LCD TV. We have an entertainment centre, complete with a TV, outside in one of the storage bays however it doesn’t swivel; making it difficult to see sometimes (depending on where the sun is) and it takes up a lot of space. We actually found a TV with a built in DVD player AND a wall mount that will work perfectly for our purposes at a better price than we expected. We left Costco, TV and mount in hand, and headed to Yaletown for Rick’s appointment. After the appointment we went down to False Creek to visit Urban Fare, one of my favourite gourmet grocery stores, to buy some maple vinegar. I use it in one of my salad dressing creations and I have only been able to find it there, so today we stocked up by buying three bottles of it. (It’s nice to know I won’t run out of it again for a while!)

It has been quite a while since we’d been to that area so we took an extra few minutes to walk down to the waterfront. Though the forecast for today was supposed to be sunny in Vancouver, as is often the case, it was wrong and needless to say, the gloominess of the day did little to enhance this picture!