She’s A Hot One! PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 25 June 2006 16:00

With the mercury reaching record breaking levels in this part of the world, it is beginning to feel like we are back in Ontario although with slightly less humidity. Today the temperature peaked at 33C (same as yesterday) which is much warmer than is normal for here. In fact, seldom does the temperature get this high however I think that it is something we can expect more of as a result of global warming. Thank goodness the temperatures drop to the mid-teens overnight which means our air-conditioning gets a break and we sleep well.

Karley and Ian’s house has no air-conditioning but somehow the house stays relatively cool until late afternoon. However, by the time Makai goes to bed (8ish) for the night, it is still quite warm and he struggles to fall asleep. His very pregnant mom has an even greater struggle with it so we have left her with the option of coming into the motorhome to sleep. When I was pregnant with her, (she was born on August 26th) I endured extremely hot and humid weather in Ontario and I would often lie down on the cement floor in our basement to cool off, so I know how she feels.

Today we left Makai and Grandpa keeping cool by playing in the pool and sprinkler in the backyard, while Karley and I did some grocery shopping. With the car and stores being air-conditioned, we were able to cool off while running errands, but could do nothing about Karley’s feet, which hurt from the extra baby weight she is carrying. I am sure that DD, “delivery day”, will be met with both relief and anxiety and based on her condition, hopefully it is coming very soon!