Grrrr…………. PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 27 June 2006 16:00

Tonight I was talking to Helen, my “other” mother-in-law, (Jim’s mom) and she told me she had tried emailing me but it came back to her because it was too big! I thought that seemed odd but I also recalled the fact that I have been getting very little email for the past week. Sure enough, nearly all my mail has been held up at the server so please accept my apologies for not responding to those of you who may have written to me in the past week! I am still working through the problem and until the mail gets in my Outlook Mailbox (which it should by tomorrow) it is difficult to respond to you, but rest assured I will! Okay, on to something that doesn’t frustrate me…..

Unlike folks in the eastern United States who are seeing severe flooding, we are still in the throes of some great weather, a big improvement since when we arrived. The 33C temperatures have moved on, making way for some pleasant days hovering between 25C (77F) and 27C (81F), much more tolerable. Last night Karley was able to get a much needed goodnight’s sleep after three nights of almost none and she is in a more rested state should baby # 2 want to make its debut now.

This morning Makai helped (?) Grandpa move some dirt and spread some wood chips until it was his nap time. Once he woke up and ate lunch, we all headed into Abbotsford to do some last minute baby shopping and find a wagon for Makai…because all little boys need a wagon. At Wal-Mart we found a baby monitor for the new baby’s room, a booster seat, water shoes, a toddler-size picnic table and a wagon for Makai; all at way better prices than any of the other places we checked previously. Day by day, things are being completed in time for the new baby’s arrival. Now if I can just get Karley to pack her overnight bag…….