Heaven On Earth PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 22 September 2006 16:00

The sunshine has returned to Waterton and it was well worth waiting for. The splendor around us here is nothing short of magnificent and we had to get out for more pictures. We are on a cleansing fast right now (an autumn thing we do), with a very specific diet, lots of water and consequently, lots of needing a bathroom. The process limits where we can go and for how long, so we opted to just do some driving today and take pictures when the opportunity presented itself.

Steve Caston, my web dude, is nearing completion of the behind-the-scenes changes of this site however, to simplify things for him I am still not adding pictures. There are lots and soon I will share them, I promise.

We didn’t encounter much in the way of wildlife today, but what we did see was pretty awesome. As I mentioned before, the elk are in mating season and with that comes the competition between males for a “harem” of cows to mate with. We were able to hear the “bugling” and witnessed a pair of males in a jousting match while the females looked on completely unfazed.

With the dusting of snow on the mountain tops around us, what was already a beautiful setting became a piece of heaven on earth and we are feeling pretty blessed to be here.