Any Doubts? PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 20 December 2006 16:00

For those skeptics out there, the latest wind storms hitting the coast of the Pacific Northwest should be enough to make you question the global warming situation. Anyone who regularly reads this knows that we do believe that our (humans) lack of regard for the environment is leading to a severe change in the atmosphere. The weather globally is getting wackier and wackier with the ocean levels rising along with their temperatures.

For the past couple of months, BC, Washington and Oregon have been inundated with excessive rain and now wind storms are wreaking havoc. Stanley Park, Vancouver’s pride and joy, recently sustained damage like it has never seen from uprooted trees to a broken bicycle path and the old-growth forested areas are irreparable. Yesterday Vancouver Island once again faced more damage and many parts of the island were plunged into darkness with a power failure yet again.

My wish for Christmas this year is that all countries and races, despite their religion, skin colour and prosperity come together and work hard to contribute to the planet’s repair. We have to stop pretending that this is something that will go away while we continue to live and do what we have always done. According to Ben Franklin the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results!

When I look in the faces of these little people I can’t help but wonder what will become of this planet if we don’t make some changes soon and it makes my heart hurt.