Sandblasting…Anyone? PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Tuesday, 27 February 2007 10:50

feb 27-07.jpgThe gale force winds continue…it has been blowing ferociously here since Sunday and has gotten to the point that walking around outside is detrimental to our eyes. In speaking with folks who have been coming here for years, this type of wind has never been seen before.

No one (except Rick) seems to be sleeping well, with the winds this strong all through the night, we all wonder what is going on outside. Last night I woke Rick up at 2:00 AM (he truly sleeps through anything) to check things outside; I was sure our slide toppers had ripped and were flailing around wildly. After putting on his housecoat and arming himself with a flashlight, he headed outside to give the Moho a once over. I am happy to report that other than a few chairs on their sides, everything was fine; no rips, no tears and no flailing at all.

The winds are really strong but the gusts are nuts; there are times when we cannot even see the mountain and walking around outside without goggles on could render a person blind in a short period of time. The sun continues to shine though today’s high only reached 19C (66F) and tomorrow is supposed to be cooler still. I’m just thankful that our fridge is full and we don’t have to go anywhere because with winds this strong it would be akin to giving the car a sandblast treatment!

If you look closely, you can vaguely see the outline of the mountain in the background.