The History and Sale of The House PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Wednesday, 25 September 2002 00:00

Jim and I purchased the house in 1982 when the interest rates were close to 20%. We sold everything we had in order to afford it and I said then, that I would live in it until I died. More importantly, I wanted a home that my children would grow up in because as a child, my family had moved every three or four years.

When Rick and I were married, it was just a given that we would continue to live in the house. At one time when all of our children lived with us, the size was needed. As the kids grew up and moved out, we no longer needed five bedrooms. We decided to turn it into a bed & breakfast, which was a lot of fun and we met a lot of interesting people. After three years of that we decided to sell it. It was just too big and we knew the time was right for us to make the move into a motorhome and start living our dream.

The decision to sell the house was not made lightly on a whim but after a great deal of thought and consideration. We listed it in September, 2002 after returning from a two week vacation across Canada to BC.