The River Walk PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Tuesday, 16 September 2003 00:00

twobearswalkinginshallows.jpgI realized when I scheduled this day for Rosanne to take me to the Black River that it was the anniversary of Jim's death but I felt that there was another reason for picking this date. I had no idea what a special day it would become. First I had the honour of communicating with Helen's dad, Jim and Rene and now I would walk by a river I was sure I was envisioning, with Rosanne.

It was pouring rain when we arrived at the Black River Park so we picnicked under the shelter and ate our supper. We both had rain gear on so after we finished we headed into the park. Rosanne had worked at the park for many summers and loved it, knowing every inch of it by heart. She took me all around and along some of her favourite paths. As we entered one area, I could see the place I had been "seeing" for months on the other side of the river. She led me over to the spot by crossing a bridge to get there. As we made our way along the path, we came across the most beautiful fungus I had ever seen. It was pure white and looked like a coral cluster, large yet fragile. Rosanne had been to this area dozens of times and never encountered a fungus like this before. She laid tobacco to give our Creator thanks for such beauty and we wound our way along the path to the exact spot that I knew to be in my vision. As we breathed in the musty, damp smells I said a silent prayer, thanking God for this day. When we started to make our way back the rain finally stopped. I looked up and there was a clearing in the clouds where I saw the most beautiful, double rainbow!

I knew this was a very, special day indeed and I was so thankful to be able to appreciate it with my good friend. That night I had the most amazing dream. I dreamt Rosanne and I were at that spot at the river, but we were dressed in deerskin robes and she was teaching me how to do "her" spiritual healing using a native symbology. After we were finished, we walked along a path together only now we were two bears. I felt she was my elder, my teacher and that we had known each other before in a past life.

Thanks to Google Images for the picture!