Meet the Walkers PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Sunday, 20 July 2008 12:55
july 20.jpgWe like to walk. It is good form of exercise and a great way to get around Vancouver to see the sights and spend some enjoyable time together outside in the great outdoors. Yesterday we headed downtown via the Skytrain ($2.50 each, one way) and did some serious walking. Cool

With the pleasant, 24C temperature, no humidity and plenty of sunshine, the day couldn’t have been more perfect to put some kilometers on our shoes! We walked roughly 12 kilometers, crossed both the Cambie Street and Granville Street Bridges while taking some wicked pictures. (Recently, I purchased a little Casio 10.1 mega pixel camera that I can easily carry in my purse or pocket and I am really impressed with the photo quality. I have loaded them all onto Flickr (link on the left) where you can see them in their entirety.) We ended our walk in Yaletown where we met up with Jay and enjoyed a scrumptious seafood dinner at the Coast Restaurant before heading back home on the Skytrain. It was a definitely one of our longest walks but one we enjoyed immensely.

Today we joined 11 other Mini’s (the other AllCare Mini included) and their drivers and passengers for a drive out to Maple Ridge and the Golden Ears Provincial Park for a picnic. It was another glorious day with some great company, more “new-to-us” fun roads and great sights to see. We arrived at the Alouette Lake picnic area shortly after noon where I took the picture seen here.

And finally an update on the neighbouring Woodlands: the Onni folks have had two excavators working at tearing down the building all week. It is now an assortment of piles of rubble, which we hope will be hauled away in the coming weeks.