Happy New Year (2008) PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Tuesday, 01 January 2008 08:44
img_5260.jpgThis morning sitting quietly in the living room while Rick and our two pint size overnight visitors were still asleep, I wrote this to wish all of you a very Happy New Year. I’ll fill you in on the events of the past 10 days. On December 23rd, Jay joined us for a spaghetti dinner in honour of my late father’s birthday (he wasn't Italian, he just happened to love spaghetti!). On Christmas Eve, Jay and I completed our Christmas shopping while Rick went to the shop to lay the new floor in the lunchroom. Later that afternoon we all headed to Mission for the night and enjoyed spending time with Ian’s folks who were visiting from Victoria and his brother and sister-in-law visiting from Thailand. It was an early night for all and consequently we woke up in the morning well rested.

We spent much of Christmas day watching Makai and Monet enjoy their presents (as usual Santa was very generous) and of course eating wonderful food. Becky (Ian's Mom) outdid herself with the Christmas turkey stuffed with oatmeal dressing and there was an array of vegetarian delights to compliment it. As we had to finish the renovations at the shop in the morning, Rick and I headed home after dinner. Boxing Day was spent setting up the new office, lunch room and reception area at AllCare. It looks great; it is warm, inviting and finally our “boys” have a place to eat their lunches or take a break without being interrupted.

Though Thursday was a work day we managed to get out to Mission to help celebrate Makai’s third birthday and bring the little munchkins back to the condo for a sleepover. Becky and Lackie had treated Ian and his brother (and their partners) to a stay in Harrison Hot Springs so we babysat to help make it happen. We had such a great time with the wee ones that we volunteered to have them again on New Year’s Eve so their folks, Karley and Ian, Bill and Laura (who arrived safely in town yesterday morning) and Jay could bring in the New Year without worrying about a babysitter.

We are excited to spend some time with Bill and Laura, getting them settled and getting them acquainted with the lower mainland and AllCare.The New Year has started with a clear sky, some excited new residents and 2008 is bright and full of promise. Happy New Year Everyone!

This is a picture of an ingenious (?) lock for a trunk; because cars seem to last forever here in BC, people will go to great lengths to save a buck and keep their vehicles useful!