Confirmation PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Friday, 24 August 2007 12:57
aug 25-07.jpgWell today we began the process of cleaning out the motorhome; all in preparation for eventually selling it. In my mind I thought the process would take a day of hard work however what happens in my mind and what happens in reality are never quite the same. We worked from 10:30 until 4:00 with a short lunch break filling well over a dozen large packing boxes and we are far from done! Who knew we had so much stuff packed into the Moho? It amazed me just how many possessions we managed to pack into our limited space and most of it were things we actually use (though not regularly). It just goes to show that despite their initial appearances there is a lot more space in a motorhome than what first meets the eye; especially if it is being used by fulltimers.

We are keeping the trailer; it will come in handy during our move and also in the new business later. For the next three weeks, it will also double as our storage container so Rick backed it into the driveway and loaded all our boxes into it where they will remain until the 17th of September.

Today we gave another instalment towards Karley’s birthday gift; our babysitting services so she and Ian could have an overnight date in Yaletown complete with a sleepover at the condo. They headed out shortly after 4:00 and then we had a fun evening with the wee grandkids. Spending this time with them has simply reinforced our decision to settle here and though packing today was a little sad, we are still very excited. In this picture, Monet is playing “cars” on Grampa’s back complete with making a vroom, vroom noise (hence the facial expression) while Makai is telling Grampa a very animated story.