Creative Folk PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Monday, 13 August 2007 01:53
aug 13-07.jpgWhere is the summer going? Already we are well into August with autumn just around the corner and I feel like summer has just arrived. Of course part of that is because the warm weather was slow to arrive here in British Columbia but still, it feels like we should have at least 8 weeks left. Alas!

Today Rick decided to build our water softener into the motorhome. It has always sat beside the Moho by the utility bay and has always been a hassle for him to move from the trailer to it’s resting place at every stop. With some creativity, a little fancy manoeuvring and some refitting of the fixtures, it is in now neatly tucked away and will no longer need to be put away in the trailer when we travel.

Before he tackled that job he joined Karley and Makai (Monet was napping) on a blackberry (as in wild, blackberries growing on bushes) retrieval while I whipped up some cream and made some crepes. You can guess what we indulged in for lunch! While I was in the mood I also created a crabmeat lasagne which we enjoyed for supper. It isn’t often these days that I get creative in the kitchen so I figured I better take advantage of the mood while it was here.

The weather was gorgeous today so Karley and the kiddies were lying around on the hammock. I got this picture but it was so bright they were squinting or looking away from the sun (and me).