And The Fun Continues... PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Saturday, 04 August 2007 00:17
aug 4-07.jpgLast night because Sam the Cat seems so traumatized when we leave her, I stayed in the Moho while Rick stayed in the house with the kids. Sometime through the night I was awaked from a deep sleep by a loud, pained, howling coming from the living room. Once I came out of my slumber, I realized it was Sam, crying out for someone...anyone. I called her name and instantly she muttered a few quiet meows and came running into the bedroom, where she settled on the bed. She knew I was there because she came in and cuddled with me for awhile before I fell asleep but then she migrated to her favourite spot in the living room. I guess when she woke up it was dark and she thought she was all alone again hence the panicked cries. Poor little thing…I can only imagine what she goes through when we leave her for a few days!!

We were all awake around 7:00 AM but because Grampa was with the wee ones in the house, I quickly showered, dressed and got our breakfast started in the Moho. We then swapped places while I fed the wee folks their breakfast in the kitchen and then we tackled the rest of the day together. As luck would have it Kathi was scheduled to work today so we had some relief and it allowed Rick to work on the trailer. We'd earlier purchased some light weight tiles to line the floor with so he wanted to start preparing it and once Makai was up from his afternoon nap, Grampa had lots of help as you can imagine.

Karley called this evening to check on things (she's such a Mom!) and report that she and Ian have had a wonderful time; a nice respite from the tasks of parenting. Though sleeping in would have been nice (somehow it eluded them) however they did manage to have a leisurely breakfast followed by a great hike this afternoon. We have had fun here with our “wee” charges and it seems their parents have had some fun without them; so it really has been an adventure for everyone!

I took some pictures today while the kiddies were playing on the deck in the backyard. None of the pictures of Makai turned out; he was in the shade but somehow I got this picture of Monet just looking so cute I had to share it.